Friday, October 16, 2009

Weather Woes

I've done several outdoor shows in the cold.   If I wear the right clothes, bring my heavy jacket, hat, scarf, gloves... it's not so bad.   But rain...   rain is very dangerous.   Once my work gets wet, there's no recovery.  I have to write it off as a loss.   Risking a few cards is one thing....  but a big part of my inventory is another. 

I'm very concerned about the weather tomorrow.   If this Nor'easter really does come through, I am going to have to reconsider showing at the Crafts in Chelsea.  I feel horrible about that because I don't want to disappoint you or the sponsors or the {NewNew} team.   But I'd rather have product available to sell in the future, than risk losing most of it to the weather!

I do have my alternate line of crocheted wearables: warpeDesignWear.   I'm debating bringing that instead.   I've been focusing more on the paper goods lately, but I still have lots of bracelets, rings, brooches, necklaces, key chains, etc to show and sell from this....  

So I leave it up to you if you want to brave the elements.   I'm still debating it, with regular checks of the weather channel.   This is the hard part about outside shows.   Weather control.   I'm waiting for that magic wand that I can point at the sky and say "Presto-ala-kazam- Sky be blue!"

If you want to know what I end up deciding, stay tuned to my Facebook and Twitter as I will post there what the final situation is.

No comments: